· Adnan Sami and AB in a duet!: Adnan Sami and Amitabh Bachchan have recorded a duet titled Kabhi Nahin. It will be featured in Adnan’s soon to be released album Tera Chehra (T-Series). Adnan, a ‘huge fan’ of Bachchan, approached him to sing this song since he thought AB would be the right person to sing it. They had a blast during the recording sessions, he added.
· Pinjar song recorded: Uttam Singh recently recorded the fifth song of Lucky Star Entertainment’s maiden venture, Pinjar. The song was sung by Wadali Brothers and Jaspinder Narula and penned by Gulzar. The interesting point is that the story of the film has its origins in a novel written by Amrita Pritam.
· Bollywood Music Awards: India Abroad, the most widely circulated South Asian newspaper in North America, will, for the very first time, sponsor the Bollywood Music Awards scheduled for November 9, 2002 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan’s New York Center. Awards will be given to Bollywood, Bhangra and Indi-pop winners. Stars including Sonu Nigam, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sunidhi Chauhan, Yesudas, Shaan, Sukhbir will add glitter to the event.
· Musical satire: Vote For Jhakaas Party, a musical satire, was organized on August 31, Mumbai, to aid the SPJ Sadhana School for the Developmentally Handicapped. This school has worked untiringly to help mentally challenged children deal with the normal world. The performance served as an opportunity to showcase the talents of the students of the school also. The musical was conceived and scripted by Geeta Gopalakrishnan. The story is about a bunch of kids who refuse to entertain politicians who ‘buy’ votes by preying on the communal feelings of the voters. Om Puri, actor, was the chief guest.
· Songs for Manisha’s maiden production venture: Paisa Vasool is the maiden venture of Manisha Koitala’s Moving Images. Music composer Bapi-Tutul four songs for this movie recently. Top singers like Shankar Mahadevan, Ila Arun, Shaan and Vasundhara Das rendered the songs. Sandeep Nath has written the lyrics.
· Marketing Hindi film soundtracks: Times Music will soon be marketing Hindi film soundtracks. Haasil will be the first major soundtrack to be released. Vijay Jindal and Zee Telefilms Ltd are producing Haasil. The film is scheduled for a December release. The film has music by Jatin Lalit.
· Sanjay Chhel, the lyricist: Story, dialogue writer and director, Sanjay Chhel has taken many avtars including that of a lyricist. For Khubsoorat, he had written four songs (he also directed the film). He has now written all seven songs for his second movie Kya Dil Ne Kaha. Of these, Nikamma kiya is dil ne is a blockbuster. He is also penning the songs for two other films – Pantaloons’ Chura Liya Hai Tum Ne and Padmalayas’ new film starring Dino Morea and Bipasha Basu. Way to go, Sanjay.
· Maan O Maan!: Gurdas Maan, who became a household name in music with Dil Da Mamla Hai, is all set to enter Bollywood – as an actor. He had already acted in Punjabi movies and now, with Zindagi Khoobsoorat Hai, he will be trying his luck in Bollywood too. Hope he carves a niche for himself – just like he did in music.
Summons from the underworld:
Poor Hans Raj Hans. He has received threatening phone calls from the underworld
in Dubai. The singer has complained to the police in which he has stated that
he was having a dispute with a music company in Mumbai over a contract about
the release of his recent album. The company owed him Rs.50 lakh but when he
demanded the amount, he started receiving these calls. Police are looking into
· Abbas-Mustan to introduce new faces: Abbas-Mustan will be introducing new faces in their next film. Produced by Gordhan Tanwani, the untitled film will have a new leading pair with a strong supporting cast. Filming will start during end October – early November, he added.
© HindiSong.com 2006